Saturday, May 14, 2011

13 Days

Yesterday Seibatu went to Emergency Hospital for a barium enema to see how well her RVF has closed. This past week I have found her numerous times sitting outside alone crying. I know she really wants to go home but she just can't right now. These tears weren't for loss of home though. When I would sit with her she would look up at me with her fragile frame and say, "No operation". She knows the time is coming for her to return to Emergency to have her colostomy reversed and be freed from her RVF, although her VVF is still terrible. She is so fearful of another operation. Yesterday when she went for her check up, it was found that her RVF is just a pinpoint hole now! That is wonderful news! They told her to come back in 14 days, 13 days now, and she will have her colostomy reversed. I went down to see her on the ward this morning and she was sitting outside alone, again. She wasn't crying this time, just looking sad. I looked at her and said 13 days and she just kind of smiled. Please pray for a peaceful heart for her, for comfort of mind, and for quick healing so she can go home soon. Her husband came to visit her a few times this week. I love seeing them together. After her colostomy is reversed, since she has been here so long, it's time for her check up from her first attempted VVF repair. PLEASE pray that Dr Lewis can attempt her VVF surgery again and that this time she will be completely healed! I will try and get some pics of her this week so you can see her beauty.

No comments: