Friday, February 19, 2010

Sweating



I never knew I could sweat this much! Ok, I did know, but it's been awhile since I have been in Africa. Last night the Minister of Health visited the ship and many medical professionals in the area. I was in one of the wards to answer questions. It's great to see the wards finally set up and ready for patients. Next week we will be starting surgeries! I can't wait! Here are some pics from around the ward. The first pic is the ICU...
These last two pics are one of the bathrooms in the ward. Yes, people will try to wash their clothes in the toilet and many have not used a toilet before. They are used to the squattie potties. We do have one. I'll have to get a picture of it to show you.
Even though we haven't had patients yet, we have been busy. Some tents are to be set up on the dock for admissions and other things. We nurses spent the day painting the boards to go under the tents...


No comments: