Saturday, February 6, 2010

Sailing, sailing, sailing...

We have been sailing now for six days. Four days left before we reach Togo. I can't wait. I can tell we are getting closer. It started about two days ago. I stepped outside and the humidity hit pretty strong. Here's to six months of sweating! The seas have finally calmed down. No more major rocking and falling out of chairs. It's nice and smooth with just a gentle rocking motion. Not as many green faces around anymore. For the past week I have had orientation to the ship and ward. Lots of good videos and teachings. It really has been a confirmation to me as to why I am here and why Mercy Ships does what it does. I really feel like God is preparing us for what Togo will bring. Even just in the sail and how crazy it started out. It's been great to see God's hand in the lectures and videos and just in preparing me for what the next six months will bring. We can't set up the wards or OR yet because everything is tied down for the sail. We have the evenings off so it's been a great time to get to know other people on here. The other night a bunch of us played sardines throughout the ship and every night seems to end with a card game. It's pretty amazing to be out in the middle of the ocean with no one else around. We have seen quite a few whales, dolphins and tons of flying fish. The sea is so blue. The sunsets...amazing...
For some reason it's not letting me post pics! I'll keep trying...

No comments: