Monday, February 22, 2010

Kpalime




Today we got to orient the translators and day workers to the ward. I can't wait to get to know them all! They seem like a fun group of people. For the next two days I get to help out with the screening. The government won't let us have a large gathering of people because the elections are coming up and they are concerned about riots, so screening is done differently this time. We are having screenings a few days a week through April. There have been a few hundred people a day at the screenings so far which has been great. I'm really excited to go because I can just remember the screening day from Liberia and what an impact it had on my life and my view of human suffering. Tomorrow I will work at the gate and on Wednesday I will help with crowd control.

This past weekend, seventeen of us took a trip to Kpalime. It's a town about two and a half hours north of here. We all squeezed into a bus, a 15 passenger van, for the trip. The first day some of us went to some waterfalls and on Sunday we hiked to the tallest point in Togo, Mount Agou. It's only 3235 feet, 986 meters, but it was a good workout with gallons of sweat! It was a much needed trip to get off the ship before surgeries and life picks up this week.



1 comment:

Michael and Stacey said...

You are so cool!!! I love your blog.