Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Abseling down a waterfall...what a way to spend a day!

Grettings all from Argentina! We arrived here yesterday and tonight we are taking a night bus back to Chile. The trip kind of got off to a rocky start but things are getting pulled together more now. When we first arrived in Peru, my pack was dropped in the ocean on the way here. I swear it must have been. Both Alex and I had soaking bags when we picked them up. All our clothes were soaked and now they have a sort of stench. Oh well...what are you going to do... Then my ATM stopped working. For about three days I couldn´t get money out. In all my traveling this never happened. Yesterday I finally heard that beautiful noise of money being dispensed from an ATM machine! I felt such joy in that moment! :) Yesterday we took the bus from Chile to here, Mendoza, Argentina. I sat next to this old man who was traveling with his cousin and a friend. They were hilarious. The spoke pretty good English which is great because my Spanish is awful. They just made me laugh the whole time. At one point they busted out in song--from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang to Dean Martin to who knows what else they were singing. It was great. The bus ride over the Andies was amazing! SO stinkin´ beautiful! Tonight when we leave we are taking the night bus so we can sleep and not spend one of our days traveling but I am so thankful we got to see it yesterday. Today was great. We went trekking with a guide then rapelling down a waterfall. Such a great time! It was extra great just being able to get out and be active. We have been trying to get as much exercise as we can in preparation for the end of our trip. I wish I could put pictures on here but the computers here are different and I am afraid of erasing all my pics so you will all just have to be patient. I am off to work on my Spanish since Jill and Alex are off on another hike. I am on my own now. I´m sure I will say something to offend someone...not on purpose but it is bound to happen!

1 comment:

cheryl said...

Well, I suppose a soaking pack is better than no pack at all, but that has to be frustrating anyway! I'm enjoying reading about the trip and looking forward to seeing the pix. You sure don't want to lose them. Bon Voyage!