Saturday, December 6, 2008

Gracias

Hola! Como esta? Gracias. So I think Alex may be getting a tad bit annoyed that I know how to say gracias. I say it a lot. When I don´t know what to say, I say gracias. At least people are thanked for their services. :)

We are back in Chile. In a little town called Talca. Today we are going on wine tours and wine tasting. I like wine. I like wine tastings. Had a wonderful late harvest wine this morning that was super sweet. Tonight we are taking a night bus to Pucon. We are all really looking forward to this. We´ll be there three nights. Pucon is on a lake with a perfect cone shaped volcano. We hope to climb the volcano, go white water rafting and visit the hot springs. Should be three full days of adventure.

Yesterday we got into Talca and had no clue where we were going. We went into a gas station and asked directions. There was a man there who offered to take us to where we needed to go. He seemed nice enough. He really was great. Jill and I sat in the back of his van, her on her pack and me on a rickety old lawn chair. We wondered if this guy was taking us for a ride, but he was really wonderful. He took us to our hostel and didn´t want any money. He spoke no English and he knew we didn´t speak much Spanish but he, like most people, when they find out we don´t know Spanish seem to speak faster and more. I like how they don´t give up but they speak expecting us to know what they are saying. They don´t speak to us like we are dumb, they just repeat it, or not, until we get it. Gracias. I say this a lot.

No comments: