Friday, December 19, 2008

Too Amazing!

The Inca Trail has been conquered! It was four days of intense hiking, sweating, swearing, gasping for air, stomach problems, amazing ruins, and just an incredible time. It was hard but worth every minute of it. My calves are still really hurting when I walk up stairs but it´s getting easier every day.

Our guide, Willy, was great. So knowledgeable about everything we encountered. The weather was great. It rained at night and one other day for a bit but it was ok for the most part. We had porters who carried the majority of our stuff and they were amazing. They carried 25kg of gear and would run past us in their sandals. They cooked us incredible food. All the ruins were amazing. The morning we reached Machu Picchu blew my mind. It is an amazing place. How in the world did the Incas build it??? I loved just walking around the ruins and was even chased by a llama up some stairs. I am way too tired to share stories right now but just wanted to say I made it and loved every grueling second of it.

We arrived in Puno today. Tomorrow we are taking a day tour on Lake Titicaka of islands that are made of reeds. Should be another great day. Saturday we are flying back to Lima to head home. I won´t get home until the 23rd after spending the night in two airports but that´s ok. I look forward to being back in Idaho for Christmas. So much snow there already!

No comments: