Sunday, November 30, 2008

Chile or bust

Just wanted to let you all know I made it to Peru safely. Five airports later I made it. Spent the night in the San Fransciso airport. That makes for a long night but cheaper than a hotel for five hours. Alex and I met up in San Fran where Sam and David, some friends from camp, picked us up and took us out to dinner. So great to see them! It was really great to actually fly with someone else. I do not remember the last time I traveled with someone else on a plane! It was fun to have someone to laugh with and talk to for 24 hours. So I have learned that two years of high school spanish 11 years ago is not enough to help you speak fluent Spanish. Gracias. That is not enough to get by but Jill and Alex seem to know a bit so that makes it easier. Some things are coming back for sure but very slowly. Tomorrow we fly down to Chile for ten days. Should be a good trip. I will try to keep this updated as I can.

No comments: