Saturday, November 8, 2008

Rain, hopefully snow and preparations!


Winter is here. The leaves have fallen and the cold air is moving in. There was snow on the hills of Spokane the other morning when I was driving home from work. The rain is here and we are just waiting for the snow to start...
Aunt Claudia came to visit for a bit. It was great having here here. Thanks for all your help!!! Super cute pictures of her with the babies!
So the countdown has begun. I am headed to South America the day after Thanksgiving. Crazy. I will be a hurtin'. I am going with three other friends to travel around Peru and Chile. We are going to do a four day hike into Machu Picchu. I can't wait but I am not in shape enough for this. Oh, well. I climbed Mt Whitney last year so I figure I can do this, hopefully. I wonder though, do you think hiking to Homestead a few days a week will get me in shape enough for this? We shall see...

1 comment:

cheryl said...

Oh how fun! My sister-in-law has such a dream of seeing Machu Picchu. She's going to be soooo jealous! Your adorable neice and nephew look like they're getting lots of love. I'm glad that you get to spend lots of time with them. I'm sure you'll be able to handle the hiking just fine-o! Safe travels.