Monday, January 10, 2011

A little makeup...A little screaming...

I walked onto the ward tonight at about 8pm and I could only laugh. There were two women sitting on the first bed as I walked in. One had just finished putting makeup on the other one. Her eyes were blue and her lips...outlined in thick black and colored in with a silver-type of color. She looked at me as I walked in, tilted her head back and rolled her eyes in a look-at-me type way. When she stood up she grabbed her catheter bag in one hand and held her other hand up in a sophisticated type manner. As she walked, she strutted her stuff, laughing at the same time as she paraded through all the wards. I needed that tonight.

The slight complaining I did yesterday about the house next to my window that plays the loud music, I take it back. I take it all back. About an hour ago I went to take a shower. The bathroom is on the other side of the hallway, facing the maternity clinic. As soon as I opened my door to cross the hall I could hear the screaming. It wasn't just screaming though. It was gut wrenching, horror filled agony. There is a momma in labor. Every once in a while someone will ask if I can hear the mothers from my room. No, because my room faces the other direction. I have to admit, that is something I am thankful for at the moment.

No comments: