Thursday, August 16, 2012

Painting

Painting on the ward
The other day was painting afternoon on the ward. First, it was the painting of the fingernails. Then we pulled out the paints, paper and brushes that my parents and Anita and Cal donated. Thanks! When I told the women what we were doing, they looked very confused and asked what they should paint. We told them they could paint anything. It took some time for them to get into it but when they did they enjoyed it and painted some great things.


A bladder stone
This picture was taken on a short trip I made here to Niger in 2010. It is a picture of an X-ray of a bladder stone which was in one of our fistula patients. This woman was transported to another hospital where she had it removed. We had to send her in an ambulance because she was very sick and we wondered if she would survive. She returned to the center two weeks ago and on Tuesday she was discharged home. Dry. She has had multiple surgeries for this problem and she is finally leaving happy! I love it when patients from my first trips here come back so I can see how they are doing.

1 comment:

Hettie said...

The painting are cute. Is it hard to keep the sand out of the paintings?
I remember you and Ginger mentioning the lady form the exray. So nice to know she is well.
How are the movie night going?