Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Ebola

Adding a post after so long can only mean one thing...

I am returning to the continent that I love and call home.

Since the Ebola outbreak started over a year ago, my heart has been breaking for West Africa. The fear and death and uncertainty that has overtaken that part of the world is overwhelming. When I think of West Africa, I think of the people. The hospitality, smiles, joy, love that the people have shown me during the three years I have spent there breaks my heart knowing what they are going through. I decided not long ago that I would move forward and apply to go and see what happened. I knew doors could open or doors could close but I decided I would keep moving until God told me no.

He didn't.

Doors closed, but others opened and I kept moving and I'm glad I did because now I am about to leave.

I just got my plane ticket and will be leaving this Friday. I will be going to Liberia with International Medical Corps (IMC). They were featured on 60 Minutes a few weeks ago. You can watch the episode here.

I ask for your prayers. Prayers for those infected with ebola. Prayers for strength and grace in this journey. For safety and strong health. For strength in wearing the protective gear while treating the patients. Prayers for everything and anything God brings you to pray for.

I will update on here as I can. Thank you for your prayers and support.

No comments: