Saturday, January 14, 2012

Now is the Time

Two and a half months I have been back in the US. I have rested. Visited. Played with four adorable, growing nieces and nephews. Laughed. Ate some pretty nasty jelly beans. Recovered. Worked on policies and procedures. Prayed. Ate. Gained weight. Cleaned out my storage unit. Had a spaghetti dinner fundraiser. Watched 'A Walk to Beautiful'. Spoke about my heart. Wondered about a great many things. Been prayed for. Hoped...

Now I am back in the airport. I will land in Niger in 23 hours. That seems longer than I was thinking. I feel ready. Ready to get back to work. Ready to unpack a large container and organize the ward. Ready to meet the heat face on when I land. Ready to face the adventure that lay ahead. I don't know if I would say I am completely looking forward to all the challenges that lay ahead, but I am really looking forward to the expectation of God's hand moving and seeing what He does during the next few months, year, who knows how long I will be there.

I had wanted to write a post to catch you all up a long time ago but time just seems to always get away from me. It sounds like the internet has been working lately in Danja so when I get in I'll write to let you know I made it. I'll be in Niamey until Wednesday then will fly to Danja then.

Thank you to everyone who has prayed for me. Supported me financially, spiritually and emotionally. Come to listen to me speak. Offered words of encouragement. Given me a place to sleep and food to eat. Given me three closets and a basement to put everything from storage into so I can get rid of that finally! (Thanks Rebecca and Stephen!) I have really felt loved and supported. I know I am not going out alone. I know Christ goes before me but I also know I have a huge team back in the states praying for me and ready to help. Thank you.

Here we go...

No comments: