Thursday, November 17, 2011

New Beginnings

I feel like I am entering into a new chapter of my life. That isn't a huge surprise knowing I am home now and getting ready to leave again soon but knowing where I am headed next, I feel like the experiences I have had thus far have been preparing me for this. The challenges, the new experiences, the cultural issues I have encountered have all been preparing me for what is to come. I wait in eager expectation for this next adventure.

Being home has been good. I have already spent some time in Coeur d' Alene with my sister and family and played with my niece and nephew there. They are both three and I can see how they are learning more about what I am doing. Whenever I left the house my niece would look at me and ask multiple times if I was coming back.

After staying with them for a short bit I headed to Kentucky for an international medical missions conference. The week I was there was just what I needed. I reconnected with some great old friends and was encouraged beyond measure. The times of worship and speakers had the words I know so many of us there needed to hear. Throughout the day there were sessions you could go to to hear speakers on different topics dealing with medical missions. Everything from how to minister to the Muslim community to worms to dealing with ethical issues. So much was presented that I am still processing through it all. I was excited before but now I have a greater excitement boiling inside me for all that could possibly be accomplished next year.

I am back now in Western Washington staying with my brother and his family. My nephews here are great. It's been wonderful reconnecting with them. I will be here for a few weeks to rest and play with them.

Mid January I will be leaving again for Niger. Until then I will be reconnecting with friends and doing fund raising. There will be a small team of us going to open a VVF hospital in Danja where I have visited and worked twice before. I am having to raise my own support for this so if you feel called to give there is a red tab on the right under my picture that you can click to give. Any gifts given through there are tax deductible and you will receive a receipt. Thank you for your help in changing lives of VVF women in Niger.

I will be in Western Washington until mid December then I am headed back to Coeur d' Alene for a bit. If you would like meet up and chat about any of this or just meet up for some coffee, please leave a comment on here and I would love to catch up. Thank you all for your prayers and support during this time!

1 comment:

James and Erin Young said...

We would love to see you! We miss you tons but are so proud of what you are doing! Are you doing a fundraising event again at camp? We would love to come if you are! You are such a blessing to the women in Africa, and your stories and experiences encourage us!
Lets visit at least for a short bit before you go! Love you and miss you lots!
Erin and James Young