Monday, August 15, 2011

Burqa

This thought has been going through my head since I was on fabric row on Saturday.

As we walked past an outdoor shop selling fabric I noticed two women dressed as many Muslim women are, in their burqa. Completely covered from head to toe in black. You can not even see their eyes through the veil covering the thin slit for their eyes. It was a beautiful sight to see though as they were looking through a pile of bright, colorful fabrics. It seemed like such a clash of cultures. It completely caught me off guard to see this. It made me wonder what they wear under their black coverings. I picture colorful clothing that will liven their spirit when they are able to remove their burqa.

1 comment:

Hettie said...

good thoughts. Usually when I see the woman in complete Burkas to be honest it frightens me... I will think of the beautiful colours under their Burka