Sunday, January 24, 2010

My new home!

I finally moved onto the ship today. I am living in a six person cabin, alone currently. I should be getting another roommate at some point today though. Jolene and I had a great time touring the island. We rented a car which was great. Some highlights from our trip... we went whale watching, climbed El Tiede, the volcano here on the island, visited many beaches with black sand, got car sick and sea sick but still had a great time. When we climbed El Tiede, we met two German navy officers going about the same pace as we were. We climbed together for a bit and the next night they gave us a tour of their ship. It was really cool. They were docked right behing the Africa Mercy even! Tomorrow we will start working. Nothing medical yet. Not until we get to Togo. We will be helping out in all the other areas of the ship until we make it to Togo. The plan is to set sail on the 31st and the sail should last about ten days. I will post pictures on here when I know that if I plug in my computer it won't blow up.

No comments: