Friday, March 23, 2012

Dance Party Danja

Teaching patients about taking pictures of your
feet to show where you have been.

Ashley hired Nuhu's band to come play for us again last night. Again, the watering of the 'dance floor' was a sight to see. The band set up right outside the hospital and Ashley, Anna and I went and got the women ready. We tied their gowns tight and hung their catheter bags from the knot we made with their gowns. We hung their bag inside their gown so you couldn't see it and then the patients put their zenni, their fabric wrap, around the outside of their gown for added security and coverage. Add a head covering, or two, and we were ready to dance! Ai*, who has seemed sick and depressed since she arrived on the ward, would hardly let me sit. She would sit next to me and look at the circle of dancers, then at me, then nod to the circle and away we went again.

Anna is a friend who is living in a small village 3km away. She is working for a missionary family homeschooling their three kids. She is over today and we are going to have a Back to the Future marathon and make blueberry muffins. Thanks mom and dad for the dried blueberries! I think I will wear jeans today. Something I miss doing. It's just another day in Niger...

Waiting for the dance to start.

Watering the dance floor, as you do.

Anna's guard found a baby hedgehog and gave it to her. She has been feeding it and raising it. SUPER cute.

So Ashley and I were in a bit of a bind. We had some
spoiled food in our fridges and didn't know what to do with it.
We didn't want to just throw it away because we didn't want to seem
wasteful so we had it just sitting in our fridges for a while. Someone
told us to bury it. Ashley put on her rain boots to
protect her from snakes and she dug a hole when no one was around to see
what we were doing. The neighbor's gardener came by and he
watched in confusion for a bit then went away and we finished. I think
we need to get a goat or chicken...

2 comments:

Hettie said...

Dance party's and hedge hogs life is good, smile John 10:10

lindsay said...

praying for you & Ashley & the team! And I think I might need a baby hedgehog.