Saturday, February 11, 2012

Opening Ceremony


Today was the second and final official opening of the hospital. The first ribbon cutting was last Monday with the minster of health and today was the official ribbon cutting with the rest of the world. We all got new clothes made for the event. I got this one and another made. They both have a few kinks which need working out but I think the tailor did a good job overall. The top picture is, from left to right, Nancy, me, Ashley and Jackie. Nancy will work in the ward with me. Ashley is the OR supervisor and Jackie is here for a few weeks to help get the OR set up and running. The bottom picture is me and Ashley. Lots of people came out for the celebration. It was a great morning full of wrong translations and the same band as last night. This week we will have two full days of surgery and fill more beds. I can't wait!

No comments: