Sunday, October 24, 2010

And I'm off...

Yes, I haven't written on here in awhile. I got home from Togo and Danja mid August and here I am, again getting ready to go back to Niger in just a few days! I'm headed back to Danja for another two week trip with the Worldwide Fistula Fund. I can't wait! Not only will we be doing another ten surgeries, we will also be doing check up exams on the women who had surgeries last time! This means I will hopefully be able to see the women again who I met on the last trip! I'm really excited as well to see how the new hospital there is coming along.

My time here at home has been great. I spent time with my brother and his family first for a bit then came over to Idaho. I've been working and living here at camp for the last month and it has been great spending time with my sister and her family. When I'm gone I really miss my niece and nephews a lot so I really cherish the time I get to spend with them.

When I get back from Niger I will have about a month back stateside. Starting in January I will be moving to Sierra Leone for a year, working as the ward supervisor for the VVF clinic there that was started by Mercy Ships. I'm super excited for this experience and to see what this year brings. I'm also REALLY excited to be living on land! That in itself will be a whole new experience!

I'll be posting more on here now that I'm off on another adventure soon!

No comments: