Thursday, August 5, 2010

The Urine Song

I finally found out the gist to the song the women sing:

I became wet.
My husband left me.
He took me to live with my parents.
No one wanted me.
I heard about this VVF hospital so I came.
There are nice nurses and doctors here.
Now I can be healed.

Only one day of surgeries left tomorrow. I had to fight back tears today more than once. Tears of happiness and tears of sorrow and tears of joy. Women and girls finding healing and others finding a longer road ahead. One needing to wait a little longer but in daya, biyu, uku (one, two, three) months she can come back for surgery.

How do these women and girls survive? I say girls because we have one here who is 14 who had her surgery the last time the clinic was running. 14! Wild. The youngest here now is 18 but looks younger. Only one more day then a week more of recovery and other things.

I can't post pictures on here because the connection is too slow. When I get home I'll post lots!

1 comment:

Karin said...

Love your stories Sarah! I can't wait to see it for myself soon! I'll be praying for you all as you start heading into the "recovery" week of things.