Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Video Night


I have been trying to get pictures to post for the past few days. These are the only two I can get to work. A few of us went to a village to visit a two day old baby and we passed this cute kid on our walk out.

Beading day on the ward. Now all the women want to do is make necklaces.

It's Tuesday night. My favorite night of the week. It's video night in the village. Last week I shared my skittles. Tonight I'm hoping the popcorn is ready. The cooks add sugar to it so it's a bit more like kettle corn. Last week at movie night I got to hold a 40 day old baby through most of it. It made me want one. She was ADORABLE. Really. Her mom was a patient on the ward with an RVF. I barely missed being soaked. When I gave the baby to my boss Hauwa, she got peed on. Not just peed on, but it went through the top of her skirt and all the way through the other side. Maybe that's too much information, but the baby was cute. The baby and her mom have been discharged so it's just the stars, a movie and the patients tonight. 

No comments: